Sunday 12 September 2010

Letter 3: Cineworld: Joy UNLIMITED!!!

Dear America,

Those whom I love in the US, WE NEED UNLIMITED CARDS!!!  I got my unlimited card this week, yippy!  This gives me access to any Cineworld (UK Movie Theater) in the UK except for a few in London where all of the big movie premiers are held.  Anytime I feel like going to the movies, I head down to my local theater, show them my unlimited card and BAM! I am in.  I pay a small fee for this service, but as long as I go to two movies a month the card is paid for and then some.  Alan and I broke my card in by going to a double feature,  Dinner for Schmucks and the Switch.   I loved it.  I got to go to Nando's in between films.  It was completely delightful.  However, I did not have enough snacks.  

The next day, I was prepared.  After finishing our Saturday jobs, we went to Morrison's and picked up some of my favorite candies ( candies will be a future blog, don't you worry).  We then went to our second set of double features in two days.  This time Inception and Scott Pilgram vs the World.  Inception was mind blowing.  I walked out of the theater not believing the my reality was real!!! Incredible movie, but with that come a confession.  

I have no doubt that movie reviews will be included in future letters. 

With love,

Alyson 

1 comment:

  1. "but with that comes a confession..."
    I believe she was going to finish this by saying that the movie may be R-rated in the US. We do not have the same movie rating system in the UK so there is no such thing as R-rated.

    ReplyDelete