Saturday 18 September 2010

Letter 5: My Husband's Boots

Dear America,  

After having read someone's blog about being a mother and what a good person she is because of her two yr old son,  I feel a little shallow writing about boots.  However, the wonderful thing about this particular pair, was I did not do any of the work to get them.  

I have another pair of stunning boots, but having not worn them since March, my feet were quite blistered and sore walking to Parliament in them.  After several moments of wincing and whining, Alan suggested some walking boots.  I was not wanting to have anything to do with those kinds of shoes at that moment in time and sort of shrugged off the idea of more boots.  Alan did not let the idea go and kept questioning me on the kind on style and color and the like.  Finally, tired of my procrastination, Alan got on on his deal finding hat (which looks something like the Indiana Jones hat, but invisible).  Voila! five days later these arrived at our flat.  Over the knee, gray walking boots.  They need some time to be worked in, blister problem not quite gone, but they are wonderful.  I love my husband!

Much love,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment